Across facebook land, Hitler has rose.
Hopefully, all of you have heard about the recent attack on a humanitarian aid floatilla by Israel. Some of the victims were Turkish....and Turkey is PISSED!
For good reason. Netenyahu wants to remain strong and unmovable, but fails to use discretion and think how Israel's actions will affect their ally relations. Let me be clear in saying that what Israel did was 100% wrong, immoral, and should be punished. The UN has sent them a stern warning...not like that does much...
So Turkish citizens have taken things into their own hands...
or rather....
to Facebook.
I woke up this morning to see students plastering Swastikas and pictures of Hitler all over their webpages and profiles. Some had anti-Israel flags, an understandable form of protest, but many have accompanied Adolf with a quote from him advocating the extermination of all the Jews.
It is sad. I work at a university, in a progressive city, in a country that wants to be a part of the European Union. Yet, these students still cannot discern the difference between Jewish people and the country of Israel. Perhaps many Americans also cannot make such a distinction, however I would be hard-pressed to see Americans painting their walls with Hitler.
Perhaps later today I will sit down my little Turkish Students. I can explain to the the Zionist movement, the Arab-Israeli conflict, and the reprecussions that both Israel and Palestine render on themselves, each other on the world. Then, I could transition into a discussion of Hitler. I can tell them that if Hitler was still alive and in power, he probably would have killed all the Jews.....and the gypsies, Africans, mentally disabled, opposition leaders, Polish, christians, catholics, muslims, anyone who wasn't blonde haired and blue eyed, Turks, Obama,....hell he would have probably killed you too. Except you Debbie, you would be safe.
whats funny...Facebook is currently people's main tool for expression. You know who wouldn't appreciate this? Mark Zuckerberg....you know...the Jew that made facebook...treading on thin ice people....
Sometimes, ignorance is purely astounding.
peace...
G
No comments:
Post a Comment