Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ireland: I'm just trying to get you guys to think a little bit...

Board the Bus to Dublin....woot!

arrival, Isaacs hostel, south africans...Awesome

In truth, Dublin was like one big long day. We made friends with so many friendly Irish people that I don't even know how to begin. Maybe it was when we were singled out by the band, maybe it was when we drank with a few 70 year old ladies, maybe it was when we lied to everyone we met about our ethnicity, livelihood, past, present and future, or maybe it was when we kept making mary fall in love, but Dublin was wild.

I think it all really revolved around 2 guys.....who are only known as Jedward. Jedward, apparently, are two guys who were on the X factor (the UK idol equivalent) who are two obnoxious teen twins with bad hair and voices to match. However, apparently Jedward mania had struck Ireland and died out just before we arrived, and we caught the dollar store discount knockoffs of such an obsession. 5 dollar "I heart Jedward" t-shirts became our new fashion trend. We went bar to bar, meeting people who appreciated our love of Jedward.

One day we decided to break free of Dublin and check out the surrounding areas. We went on a poorly led, but ironically hilarious tour, which resulted in a castle tour and a scenic overlook that could make you swear a leprechaun was about to pop out from behind the trees.

Dublin was wild, and I don't know if the blog could accurately capture the ridiculousness of it all...so instead, we got on a bus...then a ferry...then another bus to get to London....

And madness ensued....

No comments: