The Big Day was finally here!! and the best way to tell you about it....is through a poem.
Twas the night before birthday and all through the town
everyone knew what was going to go down.
I had students sing me a Happy Birthday with care,
and give me advice on what to do and where.
I had heard their requests, and recommendations to drive,
To Tunali, to Park Street, Just not Kizilay!!
So I knew one place, where students I would not see,
and I decided the party would be at EskiYeni.
The event had been detailed, who, what, where and when.
The invite list made, and checked over again.
While students all asked "Can i go! can i go!"
To which i replied and overwhelming "Hell no"
The invitations were sent out to all my friends instead,
As visions of facebook invites danced in their head,
The RSVPs began to take flight,
This was going to be a great Saturday night.
Piotr the Pole had also planned to have fun,
for this was his last weekend being an Ankaran,
He had to return to Poland withing a few days,
So a combined birthday/farewell party was well on its way.
Then Saturday morning i jolted awake!
To see something better than any birthday cake!
My dear friend Katie came as a surprise,
And said "I will cook breakfast as you open your eyes!"
The omelettes were great, and the chatter was fun,
When from the door we heard a knock from someone.
Twas our stupid neighbor who came to complain.
"It's 10 in the morning, i must sleep for i'm vain!"
We closed the door on this ridiculous lass,
because after all, it was she, who was the pain in my ass,
so we gathered our selves and went to the mall,
to get cute outfits and shoes to make me look tall.
While leaving the mall, disaster had struck!!
I tripped on the pavement and shouted "OH ....no"
My ankle was sprained, but i was still walking,
No way would my ankle stop me from rocking! \m/
The night finally came, and all through the house,
everything was a mess, i thought i saw a mouse.
The Nargile lit, and smoke in the air
I would dress like a peacock, so you'd know i was there.
"IT IS TIME TO GO!" I yelled to the crowd!
for some reason vodka makes me talk very loud.
"On William, on Julia, Mackenzie and Zach!
Before we go, i must get a snack!"
"Now Kutay, Now Warren, Jamar and Katie!
WAIT lets take a shot before we all leave!
And to the nightclub, try not to fall!
Lets Dash away Dash away Dash away all!"
The air was bitter and filled with cold,
And men stared who were creepy and old,
but we went to the club and to our delight!
The music was bumpin all through the night!
We met with the poles, the dutch and the turks,
and avoided the people who i thought were jerks.
I spent all night dancing and ignoring the pain,
of my poor little ankle's inevitable sprain.
The techno was loud and the tables my stage,
I think 22 will be a very good age.
I'm sure my crazy dancing was quite a sight,
But happy birthday to me!! and to all a good night!

peace- G
1 comment:
best. picture. ever.
incidentally, the code word i have to type in to post this is "hooca"
when is your return date? just booked the sickest house on MV for the summer!!!!
xoxox
and...happy birthday! i'm glad you had fun!
Post a Comment