So last weekend I went to see Jackass 3D (it was Gil’s birthday and I let him pick the movie).
We paid our tickets, received our stylish 3D ray bans, and proceeded down the stairs of the Showcase cinemas in Randolph to catch the 3rd installment of the notoriously hilarious shenanigans of the Jackass crew.
And then, about an hour and a half later, I was nauseous.
Not only was I sick because of the excess amounts of vomit, fecal matter and male genitalia that was on display in this cinematic adventure, but also, I was disturbed on a deeper level.
Now, jackass hit its prime when I was just entering high school. In those days, my friends and I would watch that show, and laugh for hours, then ignore any disclaimer and attempt some wacky stunts ourselves. I remember having a giant crush on johnny Knoxville, thinking Bam Margera could be my best guy friend, and desperately wanting to have lighthearted friends just like the Jackass crew.
And now, I am 22, on a quest to become a real person, and looking at Jackass with a whole new perspective.
Now, don’t get me wrong, the movie was quite hilarious, I found myself laughing between dry heaves, but then I thought that these men must be approaching their forties, and they are still reveling in their slapstick ways.
I know I know, they get paid millions of dollars for this crap, I understand. But unfortunately, these guys represent a portion of the population who never quite grow up. And to be honest, it’s a sad thing to face.
When it comes down to it, I still do want to be like these guys (minus the sweat chugging, public defecation and porta-potty obsessions). I want to still have carefree times, where I get together with my friends and do stupid stuff. I don’t want to have to worry about loans, dreams an goals. I want to be able to go to a job where all I do is make people laugh.
I guess watching Jackass didn’t have the kick that it used to….maybe I should buy a video camera.
I’m Annie G. , and this is my blog post!
No comments:
Post a Comment