Here I am again, with loads of homework, appointments to make, and other such things I have looming over my head.
So tonight was the night I decided to start writing a screenplay- good idea right?
Ok, I have been, and always will be a horrible procrastinator. Why the hell do you think I made this blog anyways? And I'm sure you've all heard the quotes, "Don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow." "Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday" and , my personal favorite, "procrastination is like masturbation, in the end your only screwing yourself."
Why do something now if theres at least an hour and a half before it's due? Why plan ahead and actually have a solid, cohesive, finished product, if you can just bullshit it in an hour?
I mean, I guess there are certain things that shouldn't be rushed or put off for too long....like surgery. Actually, that reminds me...I've needed to get screened for cancer for the past year or so...
But isn't it strange how when you have a looming task ahead of you, absolutely everything looks more appealing? For example, as I type this, I have a paper that I must write...but for some reason I would rather color-code my closet, bake cookies, watch reality tv shows, or facebook stalk for hours.
Let me interject- i started this blog on Sunday night...I decided to finish it now...
My problem is I always want to do something that I want to do. I don't want to study for midterms...I want to watch youtube videos. I don't want to go to the gym, I want to make hemp necklaces. But then again, I guess if I always did what I wanted to do my world would be filled with cookies and crochet. Anyways, I think I actually should cut this short...I really do have a midterm tomorrow...and Degrassi is on TV.
OOPS!
Peace,
Annie G.
No comments:
Post a Comment